Friday 26 March, 11am-12.30pm (GMT)
Every employee at every level in every part of the business has been granted a level of trust – access to data, systems, networks, customers and physical assets. It is the breach of this trust, either deliberate or (more usually) inadvertent, that causes the vast majority of security breaches. Yet the employee is often still the most neglected element in any security management system.
Security is fundamental to, and should be an integral part of, every stage of the employee lifecycle – from recruitment to termination and all the stops in between. In this four-part SASIG Academy series, we will investigate in depth the key issues in ensuring we recruit honest people and then keep them so.
This session focuses on the following;
- The new threat landscape: working from home
- When employees become your major source of risk, Appropriate monitoring versus invasion of privacy
- Transparency: Policies, notices and communications
- The employee’s experience – employee rights/Works Councils/unions
3rd party risk – employees and suppliers:
- Checking the integrity of suppliers, contractors and other third parties – Schrems 2 etc.
- Securing the integrity of the supply chain both upwards and down
Martin Smith MBE (info), Chairman & Founder, The SASIG
Annick O’Brien (info), Compliance and Privacy Counsel, Data Privacy Analytics