What we are doing
To protect both our employees and attendees at SASIG events, we are taking precautions to prevent the spread of Covid-19.
All events are run in accordance with current UK Government Covid-19 guidelines, and whilst Covid passes are no longer required, those attending events should take personal responsibility for their health and wellbeing, and be considerate of others – this includes not attending if they test positive for or show symptoms of Covid-19 shortly before an event.
We will work with each venue for specific requirements, but typically, we will have the following precautions in place:
- All SASIG employees are fully vaccinated and take regular lateral flow tests.
- We may limit the number of delegates attending our events.
- There will be hand sanitisation available and regular hand-washing protocols in place.
- The venues will be required to maintain rigorous cleaning protocols.
- We will remind all delegates that anyone who has any symptoms associated with Covid-19 (such as a new persistent cough, high temperature, or loss or change to sense of smell or taste) must not attend.
What we’re asking attendees to do
Before the event
- Ensure you have read and understood the information on this page.
- We encourage all members to take a lateral flow test before attending our events.
- Let us know if you test positive for Covid-19, have any symptoms associated with Covid-19 (such as a new persistent cough, high temperature, or loss or change to sense of smell or taste), or feel unwell, so we can reallocate your place to somebody on our waiting list.
- Please follow Government guidance and laws when travelling to and from our events.
- Consider alternatives to business cards (such as QR codes) to reduce contact. See our Connect at events page to find out how to use LinkedIn to network safely at our events.
At the event
- Please do not attend if you test positive for Covid-19, have any symptoms associated with Covid-19, or are unwell.
- Consider using LinkedIn QR codes to network safely at our events – find out more on our Connect at events page.
- Make use of hand washing and sanitisation facilities.
After the event
If you develop symptoms or test positive for Covid-19 after attending one of our events, please let us know as soon as possible. This will allow us to contact others who may have come into close contact with you.